On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

October 21, 2011

Of pumpkin pies and biker chic's...


This is Tonya.
She's awesome. She's real. She's really quite amazing for a biker chic. That's what I first thought of her when I very first met her.  Er, judged her.  I mean really, what kind of clue would a single mom of five children have? Surely no clue at all.  How wrong I was.  She is one of the most amazingly clueful people I know.  And not only her, but her kids as well.  They're almost as amazing as she is.  Almost.  I now belovingly call Tonya my "BBC" - Best Biker Chic. Her photogenic qualities are phenomenal. I mean really, look at that picture.  Who could pull off a face like that and have it still reflect her beauty? Ahhh, I love her. When "Life with Autism" gets....weird, bizarre, too much, I just look at that picture and it shows the "WTH" that I feel, and then I feel better, and then I laugh hysterically.

Yep, that's a true best friend. One who has an expression just for you.  One who brings a Girl's Night Out to your house when she knows you need a night of laughter and lunacy - topped off with some Punkin-Pie-Chunkin to her surprise, and pumpkin pie in her face demise!  (smile)

One who knows I lovingly call her my biker chic friend and who when at a parade saw some actual biker chic's, and asked if she could have a picture taken with them!


One who unknowingly to me, came into my house when I wasn't home, stole my Pumpkin Tree, put it in her house, then took a picture of it in her house standing beside it, and put it as her facebook profile picture the next day. Where the next day when I sat down at my computer and saw her profile picture, I noticed the pumpkin tree.  I thought to myself, "How nice that she finally got herself a Pumpkin Tree - I knew my trend would catch on!"  Then the more I looked at the Pumpkin Tree, the more familiar it looked.  "Naaaaaa... it couldn't be!"  So I went downstairs where my Pumpkin Tree is - er was - and noticed.... nothing.  My Pumpkin Tree was gone.  I'd been punked by that sneaky, sneaky, biker chic punk!  (smile)


But that's ok.  See this picture below?  That's the picture that was on my facebook wall after a ninja stalker visit to her house when she wasn't home.  That's my house.  My dining room.  And my dining room table and Christmas plates. And all of her beloved Gingerbread Men seated around it.  Eating Ginger Snaps.


This below picture was her Fall Family Picture - featuring my Pumpkin Tree:


And this below picture was my "Christmas Family Picture" featuring all her Gingerbread men and me wearing her apron and her elf hat that I snatched as well:


Ahhh... everyone needs to laugh.  Everyone needs someone who will make them laugh.  Life is way too hard and way too serious to not have some levity.  Some laughter.  Some lunacy.  Everyone needs to be a friend who will steal a pumpkin tree from you.  Who will hold your Gingerbread Men hostage and demand a ransom for their safe, crumb-free return.

Everyone needs a friend that is rock solid as a Christian, but yet down right crazy as friend.

Who is true to herself, who is herself, and who is a sailboat encouraging you to be yourself, instead of an anchor weighing you down because of all you are not or never will be.

A friend who is stark raving mad crazy fun.

A friend who is bonkers.

A friend like Tonya.

And just like in the movie "Alice in Wonderland" - all the very best people are just that.

Thank you Tonya.



I know this is early, but you know how my life goes.

It's do this now while I'm thinking about it or I'll forget that I wanted to do it!

           Happy Birthday
          (November 11th)

No comments: