On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

October 19, 2011

My Ninja Stalking Scuba Mask Wearing Son


Life with Autism - our "other son" Matt

Ok, so in this picture is my son, Matt.  I was in my office minding my own business, and the picture shows what suddenly popped in from around my office door, scaring me about as much as the empty water bottle with a fire cracker in it that he rolled in my office a few weeks prior!  Always a few more gray hairs popping up with this boy!

This boy...

This boy who has "The Chronicles of Guppy: Parts 1-5" on a special shelf in the AP's office in Middle School. Not ever anything "bad" - just typical "Mischievous-Matt."

This teenager who despite all he went through in High School and friend betrayal and all the typical drama of High School life - still managed to stay true, stay focused on what mattered, and had a heck of a fun time doing it!

I credit Brandon with that. Because of him, because of our family's "Life with Autism," Matt matured faster than others his age. Not in an arrogant or better-than-you way, but in a "what really matters in life" kind of way. As a family we've struggled more, laughed more, cried more, endured more, - and thrived more. Because of all that, he has the mentality to do more. Be more. Achieve more.

This man who the Navy will be getting one day soon.  Except if they see this picture.... ha ha ha. But in all reality, this picture is Matt.  He is rock solid, not only book smart, but more importantly, life smart.  He can figure out anything. He can get through anything.  He knows how to laugh at anything and is embarrassed by nothing.

This son of mine who is serious in his attempt to be a ninja-stalking-scuba-mask-wearing-Navy man, but yet not so serious that he can't be silly and scare the s-poop out of his mother!

His mother who is so very proud of him, yet in a humbling way.  In knowing that even with all my imperfections as his mother, - God has been perfect in protecting him, guiding him, giving him gifts that he has used well in Glorifying Him.

His mother who needs to learn to lock her office door when Matt's home!


Nah... what fun would that be?

No comments: