On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

November 13, 2013

Standing in the Shadow of God's Glory

Well, this is it!  A third trip to Washington, D.C. to advocate for my son who is severely affected by autism.  My first trip was for the 1st ever Autism Rally and Congressional Hearings  thirteen years ago, in April of 2000.  The second trip was "The Power of Truth" rally regarding vaccines.  This one, to hopefully indeed have time to give my five minute oral testimony to the IACC.

Let's hope this time "13" is a lucky number.  Though I don't believe much in luck.  I believe in HOPEISM, and I have great Hopeism for this trip.  Despite what a gut-wrenching-anxiety-driven-panic-attack hardship it has been in preparation.  I hate to travel.  I hate even more to speak in public.  But when my long-time advocacy warriors urged me to go, I found myself telling God that if he wanted me to, he would have to provide a way.  I simply "ain't got no funds for that."  And, he provided a way.  Someone bought my ticket.  It seems the right time to go.  There is momentum building - many "autism" things have recently happened last week in Washington, D.C., are happening this week, and will be happening in the near future.  Oh, how I "HOPEISM" that change is a' comin'.  But, that does little to make my going there any easier.  I still would rather not, and am kinda counting on an appendix to burst or something minor, fully recoverable, and within the scope of the travel insurance parameters for full refund, to happen before I leave!

(smile)

The Pastor of my church hit the nail on the head with last Sunday's sermon about Moses.  I feel Moses' pain.  When the Lord sought him out to deliver the Israelites, this was his reply:

Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.  I am slow of speech and tongue."
To which the Lord replied:

"Who gave man his mouth?  Who makes him deaf or mute?  Who gives him sight or makes him blind?  Is it not I, the Lord?  Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

And so, on Thursday morning at 12:39 I will board a plane to Washington, D.C.  Me and my stumbling speech and shaky voice will indeed go.  And I will trust that He will indeed help me speak clearly, and in under five minutes, and give supernatural impact to the words I say.  To the words all of us warrior mom's or dad's there will say on behalf of our children who are so severely affected by autism.


My friend Carol who was also at the 1st Autism Rally and Congressional Hearing, messaged me to pray Ephesians 6.  I ask all of you of faith to pray that for us all (in light of autism advocacy) who will be there on behalf of our children.

The Armor of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.  With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. 

Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words my be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains.  Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.


______

I thank you again for your prayers for me on Friday.  That God's Power, and Truth, and Majesty, and HOPEISM  overshadows everything the enemy would use to hinder me, and simply leaves me standing in the shadow of His Glory when it's all said and done and I travel back home to the family I so love and who make it all more than worth it.

Please pray for Todd as he cares for Brandon and somehow tries to get to work at some point. 

Pray for Brandon that he sleeps.  So Todd can sleep. 

No seizures so Todd can go to work.

_____

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly a force of nature and I thank you for being able to go and speak on not only Brandon's behalf, but of all of us who wished we could be there with you. You don't give yourself enough credit. I have seen you speak and even though you feel uncomfortable with it, the person watching would never know it. XXOO Thank you.