On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

December 17, 2010

.....our Christmas journey

Dear Todd,

I know you didn't want to be late to work this morning, or have to haul your son out of the tub yet again from another seizure.

I know I didn't want to have to take the dog to the vet, nor have my plans changed or made more difficult to complete yet again by Brandon having to miss school...

Yet again.

That seems to be the key word of late!
 
You and I remind me of Joseph and Mary.

Their journey to the birth of Christ.

No, not that we are as holy or as chosen as they were.

But that really in God's plans and purposes for our lives, we are.

Their life together was not as they planned.

Many detours.

Many pitfalls, challenges, tests of faith.

Sound familiar?

I have to know that during all that - they were focused on the destination.  On the overwhelming joy of what would come to be - overshadowing all that they would face simply to get there.

And so I simply thank you this Christmas.

For listening to that voice of God that tells you in prayer that all will be well if you remain steadfast and focused and do not jump ship no matter how hard it may shake.

For living that quiet, simple life of focusing on only what matters and helping us to shut out all that doesn't for self-preservation of our sanity.

For loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.

Those things being the key to our survival of  "Life with Autism".

Our journey lately has been a hard one.
It's tested our patience and endurance.
But I can't help but smile in how it so reflects all that Christmas is meant to be about.

And I know that come Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - if we have never left our house to do anything "Christmas'y", if we have not a Christmas gift bought, not a Christmas card sent, not a Christmas program or party attended, - we will have celebrated the true gift of Christmas in the way it was meant to be celebrated.

Humbly.
Prayerfully.
Faithfully.
Peacefully.
Joyfully.

Simply.

And the ever present...

Humorously.

You'll want to focus on that last one when you get the $515.00 vet bill from this morning.
 

I love you Todd....

Thank you for all that you do....

1 comment:

Todd. said...

Beautiful. I could not ask for a better gift. It's all I need...