On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

August 7, 2010

Disabled Worship


Worship is prayer
that moves
that soothes

It is seeking
feeling
hearing

Embodying trust
and forgiveness

Calling us to abandon all that hinders

So that we are healed
So that we are hopeful
So that we love

Worship lifts us
Swiftly
Powerfully
Calling us to run to places unknown
Allowing us to live out dreams never forgotten

Worship is music
with a beat that is invigorating
it is the silence
that only we can hear

It's amazement
and wonder

It stirs the soul
leaving a longing for more

It revives
It rekindles

Giving off energy that cannot be contained
And must be shared

It is the freedom
to dance

It is the miraculous ability
to see God's power
as brighter than the sun

Giving strength beyond weakness

Giving courage despite fear

~

As I stand there in church during worship I watch them
I see that in them

Those whose arms can't be lifted
are raised to Him

Those whose legs do not move
are dancing for Him

Those whose voices have not tune
have melody
and though they can't read the words
they sing with Him

Those who don't understand religion
know God

And I

I stand there with arms I can raise
but don't

I stand there with legs that can take me to the altar
but don't

I can read the words
but yet I do not sing

I stand there moved
Yet remain still

Disabled

~ ~ ~

Written by Michelle M. Guppy
in tribute to the children, youth, and adults of the JOY Ministry of Graceview Baptist Church -
who know what true worship is....
(The JOY Ministry is a disability ministry)



No comments: