On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

December 29, 2009

Where's my Son's American Dream?

The American Dream.....

What image or achievement does that conjour up in your mind?

Close your eyes, think about that.....

Graduating High School?
Surviving your parents endless rules?
A colllege degree?
A career?
Home?
Marriage?
Kids?
Retirement in Florida?

My typical son recently had an assignment in High School where they were to illustrate, the American Dream.

A teenager lying on the ground while the rest of them emptied a huge bucket of quarters on him - showing how having alot of money is the American Dream.

They illustrated practicing ones faith freely, as an American Dream.

Even posed by someone's sports car as I'm sure for them, the ultimate American Dream.

But what about the American Dream for my other son, the one who has Autism and cannot care for himself without assistance?

Have we forgotten about those like him?

I think we have.

What if you are someone like my son, who does not even know he is American.
Much less what a dream is....
Do you still then, have a right to it?
Do people who don't know what the American Dream is, still have a right to achieve it?
It would seem - NOT.

Where was Michael's American Dream?
The young man with a disability in a state school who was murdered, over his clothing.
As of this writing, the District Attorney has yet to file charges.

Who can define the American Dream for all the Michael's in the world to me?
All those who through no fault of their own, are dependent on care from others.

What should the American Dream look like for them?

Is it to banished to a state school because that was the only option for their care?

Is it to have to be there and have the priviledge of accepting whatever treatment their caretakers decide to give them that day, because after all, they're only making minimum wage to do it, so why put forth proper effort?

Is it to have been harmed, or murdered, and the perpetrator merely get fired and not prosecuted - signifying that the individual harmed or life lost - didn't matter enough in the first place for a proper conviction or jail time?

Heaven forbit their life mattered enough for the Death Penalty!

Who can tell me why I should be proud to be an American pursuing the American Dream, while my fellow Americans are harming or murdering individuals much like my own son -- in the pursuit of their own American Dream of a paycheck?

I will die one day.

And while other family members are out there pursuing their own American Dream, I know that perhaps one day my son who has Autism will be in some sort of facility being cared for by others.

Cared for by the majority of the youth of today who only see the American Dream as money, fast cars, worshipping their god, taking care of only their family.

And I wonder...

Will they even understand why the Michael's of the world deserve to have an American Dream that has nothing to do with money, or things???

But that has everything to do with Life, Liberty, Choice, Justice, and Happiness?

Will someone be there to stand up for that American Dream, for all those who on their own, cannot?

Anyone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://unworthybum.wordpress.com/

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Written by Michelle M. GuppyFor Brandon..........

No comments: