On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

January 26, 2018

I'm 50 and too old for this...

Insert image of Brandon standing on that top rail...
I have a new title for my imaginary book about "Life with Autism, Seizures, and a side of PANDAS" ---

Since I recently celebrated by 50th Birthday -- I'm going to title it:
"I'm 50 and too old for this shit" --- where I include chapter after chapter of all the near-death experiences "I" have faced in all of "Brandon's" near death experiences because of his seizures and his general lack of any fear of any danger....

Ahhhh, this picture...........

As I type this a few days out from "the incident" I can again feel that knot in my stomach.  That feeling of having the wind knocked out of you...  That horrified shock at what could happen.  That thought of I'm 50 and too old for this shit...

You see the top of the rail of the deck around the trampoline and how it's higher than the fence?

The corner sticking out furthest from the trampoline?

Where there is nothing to hold on to?

Brandon was standing on that.

Wearing socks...

Standing on that top rail of the deck.

Not sitting on that rail....

But standing straight and tall on that top rail.

Did I mention that he was wearing socks?

And that they weren't slipper socks?

I mean, if I could pause for a minute and just state that when we "walk the plank" at obstacle course races, on a 2x4 that is like only a foot off the ground, I fall.  The top of that rail in this picture is 7 feet 2 inches above ground level.  I measured it.  Brandon is 5 feet 10 inches tall.   You do the math at how high above ground level he was... 

When I went in the house to check on his food that was warming up, Brandon was merrily jumping on the trampoline.  It couldn't have been more than 2-3 minutes when I went back outside to check on him and froze in shock at seeing him standing on that rail...

It's not like we are slothful parents...  I mean for heaven's sake, we take every precaution we know to take, and can take...  We live in a state of financial ruin in providing for his safety, treatment, and care.

The trampoline is enclosed with a net...

There's a deck around the trampoline with rails in case he should have a seizure and fall while getting on or off the trampoline...

We have non-slip edging on the stairs of the deck to the trampoline...

Padding on the floor of the deck in case he has a seizure and falls...

Not to mention what we've done in our house for his safety...

Yet still, with all those things to help protect him from dangers we can think of, we often find him in precarious dangers we never even dreamed of. 

Can you but for a moment imagine the unfathomable stress in living like that?

Not only having to try and protect him from dangers you can think of, but having to have a crystal ball to see and prevent dangers that you could never even think of!

Obviously my crystal ball is broken in that respect.

Sigh...

Not one second of him being out of sight can be assumed to be safe.  I mean, when I left him he was jumping in a fully enclosed, fully padded trampoline.  The next moment he is walking on a tight rope 7 feet in the air with no safety net below...

And it's not like I could tell him to get down.  The slightest agitation or fear in my voice would have startled him enough to slip or fall.  So I had to ever quietly and cautiously moved toward him.  As I got closer, my only lighthearted moment was in that by the expression on his face, I think even he was thinking this might not have been his brightest idea.  He willingly reached for my hand and I essentially lifted him down...

God and his army of Angels were surely working overtime in protecting him that day.

I guess my next purchase is a security camera outside facing the trampoline so I can see if he begins to climb up there again...

Yay, more expenses......

It's all so unreal.

I wish society, our family, our friends, could get but an inkling of what this life is like.  The constant...  The ever so constant...  I mean, what do we build next? A large net around the deck that extends 20 feet in the air with foam blocks filling the yard should he climb again.... and gawd-forbid, fall?   

The stress of what could have happened....

Well, I guess if there is always a silver lining, I could look at it this way...

Next time I share that my son has "autism" and someone asks, "Oh, so what is his gift?"  (Think Rainman and how everyone assumes that every "autistic" has an incredible ability that somehow overshadows that fact and makes it magically ok that they are severely affected by that "autism"...) I can answer that his is being fearless.

And that will make him having autism ok...

(Until while standing up there he suddenly has a seizure and falls and dies!)



#autismliveshere

#andwiththatunimaginablestress

No comments: