On being forged into a warrior mom

If I could summarize our journey from Hell to HOPEISM, it would be in my faith, which I call HOPEISM. It has been my weapon of choice to get me through each battle I have had to fight in my mission to win our war called life with autism and seizures. Vaccine injury to be more specific. It would also be in committing to heart, soul, & mind the words and motto's from Forged, NDCQ, the Lone Survivor, and Levi Lusko in his book, "Through the Eyes of a Lion." I will be forever grateful to the inspiration, encouragement, and mental fortitude found through all of them collectively. Because of that, I am not allowing this tragedy of vaccine injury that has come into our lives to be an obstacle to being used by God. I am instead turning it into an opportunity to be used like never before!


This blog is dedicated to Brandon. His life has been forged by difficulty, obstacles, & all too often because of seizures - pain, blood, broken teeth, & broken bones. Yet through all that he has shown such fortitude. The bravery, strength, & resilience of a true warrior. He taught me that having strength through adversity means that even if you lose every battle, like the Lone Survivor, you never quit fighting until you win the war. That in the words of "NDCQ," you keep "dreaming," keep "daring," & keep "doing." As Team Guppy has yet to be able to escape vaccine injury, we have no choice but to as Levi Lusko writes, "Run toward the Roar." God has indeed given us such incredible power in enduring such impossible pain.

Some days the HOPEISM in that simply takes my breath away.

April 19, 2013

Thanking God for His Grace: Amazing Grace

Once again my version of TGIF - where I reflect on the week and simply thank God for His Grace.  His simple grace at times, his quiet grace, and times like lately, his amazing, amazing, amazing Grace that roars louder than a lion.

This Friday marks two weeks seizure-free.  Having faith that something like this can happen is one thing.  Experiencing that it is happening, totally another thing.

Another amazing thing.

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures


Truly, the Amazing Grace of HOPEISM is what stands out this week.  In that when you search and search for the right person who will help you, but can't seem to find that person, that God calls someone else to make that connection to the person they know who can help you.

In the car on the way to school this morning, I had a talk with Brandon.  I asked him if he realized he has been seizure-free for two weeks.  If he felt as good as I feel for him!  Of course he didn't answer.  He is non-verbal.  But I talk to him like that anyway.  Oh how I would love to know if he feels the difference.  If he knows...

And then the song Amazing Grace played on the radio and we had us a bona-fide worship moment...

How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me

And like a flood
His mercy rains
Unending love

Amazing Grace

Click here for the song Amazing Grace

And as if that weren't enough, when I went to pick him up from school, as he was coming out the door with his therapist beside him, I suddenly saw a shocked look on her face.  She stopped and looked at Brandon and her eyes got so big.  My first reaction was to think she heard that all too familiar choking sound that signals a seizure.

When she got to the car and opened the door, she looked at me with the beginning of tears in her eyes and said that on the porch when he looked my way, he said "Mom" as in putting together for the first time that I was indeed, his "Mom."

Amazing Grace
How sweet the sound...


Thank you Lord, for your Amazing Grace this week.

No comments: